Want to sell with us on Zentuals Life, email email@example.com
Health & Holistics
H&H is being launched in partnership with Truth Youth C.I.C, an established local Not-For-Profit Organization, with the aim to facilitate the employment and development of Young Adults in the Community.
What is Sea Moss ?
Sea Moss, unlike Irish Moss, is more stringy, stick-like, and native to the southern, tropical Atlantic ocean, rather than the rocky northern Atlantic and Pacific Oceans native Irish Moss, which is darker, and more “leafier” than the Sea Moss. Our ‘Gold’ Sea Moss range is from the clear waters of St. Lucia and has adopted the ‘Gold’ name as it has a richer yellow/gold colour to the island’s neighbours Sea Moss (for example, Jamaica’s Sea Moss is slightly browner in colour than the St. Lucia Gold).
H&H’s Sea Moss While it is a great meal additive, sea moss also excels in providing nutrition. It is the one organic food ingredient that is loaded with lots of minerals and vitamins; it has 92 trace minerals to be precise. Amazing right?
Sea Moss gels have been used medicinally in Irish and Caribbean cultures to treat a number of ailments ranging from poor libido to coughs and infections
Sea Moss includes Vitamins A, E, F, and K, calcium, potassium, and sulfur. It is also a naturally occurring source of iodine, which can be difficult to include in one’s diet through food alone, and is especially important for supporting healthy thyroid functioning.
Rich in potassium chloride, Irish moss helps with congestion and mucus and holds anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties.
It’s also thought to be good for dry skin and for skin conditions ranging from eczema to psoriasis, making it a valued ingredient for lotions and moisturizers.
Irish Moss got its name when it was made famous during the potato famine in Ireland in the 1800s. Because people were starving and desperate for food, they began eating the red alga that was on the rocks. As a result, the name stuck. This alga is also referred to as carrageen moss because of its high carrageen content. The carrageen is used by scientists to make carrageenan which is a common food additive used to maintain stability within processed foods and as a thickening agent.
Benefits of Sea Moss
- Provides nearly all (92) minerals needed for your body to thrive
- Slow-release carbohydrates deliver long-lasting energy
- Excellent for post-workout muscle and joint recovery because of its anti-inflammatory properties
- Supports bone health
- Boosts metabolism
- Contains a rich source of iodine
A few more, for the curious…
- Can Help Improve Thyroid Function – rich in iodine
- Great for Sexual Health – rich in Zinc, Vitamin E & Folate
- May Improve Mental/ Emotional health – high in magnesium and potassium
- May Help with Weight Loss– High mineral content
- Can Help with Radiation Poisoning – Rich in iodine
- Helps Improve Joint & Bone Health – High in Omega-3, Calcium, Magnesium & Vitamin-K
- Improves immune function – contains potassium iodide
- Aids easy digestion – Mucilaginous nature
- Promotes thyroid function – Chock-full of iodine compounds & DI-Iodothyronine
- Increases energy levels – Rich in vitamin B2 and B9
- Promotes Skin health – Contains citrulline – arginine